Our car is one of the most important parts of our lives and we use it often allows us to go from one place to another and also gives us unique sensations, but our car requires maintenance to driving safety and durability car is correct. In this article we want from unComo.com give some general tips for you to know what are the different types of maintenance that you should give to your car.
Corrective maintenance car
Corrective maintenance of the car is that in which we do nothing special for the maintenance of that piece, simply wait for break to repair it. Alternator, injection, BSI…. or those that cost is very low: a lamp…. or those with self-diagnostics on all our car parts that cannot easily be revised, which are mostly applied and are notified when to repair: ESP, ABS, catalyst
- Advantages: no time commitment required for maintenance.
- Disadvantages: lake every time it breaks the car workshop. Sometimes a broken piece implies much other damage.
Preventative Car Maintenance
Is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, as detailed in the vehicle handbook by type of service and the time slots that should be performed in maintenance.
- Advantages: reduces time immobilized car and visits to the workshop.
- Disadvantages: is the most expensive of all methods.
Predictive maintenance car
The predictive maintenance of the car is when diagnostic or measurements that predict if necessary corrections or adjustments before a failure occur are performed.
- Advantages: Reduces the cost of maintenance and service visits.
- Disadvantages: you have to know how to measure the status of use of parts.
Inspections we should do to the car
Operation inspections, adjustments, repairs, cleaning, lubrication and others should be carried out periodically by a plan established annual monthly, semiannual or.
However, it is important to regularly check, by simple observation, tire condition, brake lights, turn signals and more. Also be aware of any abnormal noise.