Learn how to recover your car battery through our proposed techniques
Nothing upsets us more when we are pressed for time and our hands stuffing does not start when the ignition key. Then try to start the radio, lights and observe that do not light. Only at this point we realize that the battery is weak and we must use a car charger. If you are among those who have a car charger and cables then this article is not for you. However, if you’re like most, without battery backup without a rectifier, then continue reading.
It is highly recommended that you buy cables and keep them in the trunk of the car. You’ll be surprised how many people drive through town without these cables have on their recovery and will then be on goodwill bystanders and strangers to help them. An alien may be the nicest man on earth but if no such cables when you have not done anything. It recommended a set of cables with a gauge of between 4 and 8.
The first step toward recovery is the battery checking. If the battery is frozen, beware; do not try to start because it could explode. If you see cracks in the casing when the battery is lost and must purchase a new one. Batteries with the dust greenish, bluish or white around them are at end of life. You can clean the dust with a wire brush, but wears gloves to avoid contact between the skin and dust.
Before that friendly foreign begin to connect cables recovery, make sure the battery voltage is the same. Make sure the cars do not touch in any way and that the engine is off. Every battery has two terminals, a positive terminal and a negative one. The positive is usually red and may have a cover over it. The negative terminal is usually discovered and is surrounded by a black cable.
Here is the order in which you should attach the cables:
- Positive battery terminal must be attached first.
- The other end of the cable must be attached to the positive terminal of the good battery.
- Grab the other end of the cable and attach it to the negative terminal of the car starting.
- Attach the other end to the engine block of the car with the dead battery. Warning, do not attach the end to the negative terminal of the car battery dead.
- Then, the car battery must be good on. A few minutes and then starts the car with the dead battery. If the first does not work, reattached cables and try the process again.
- Finally, remove the cables in the reverse order in which they were made, i.e. cable attached to the engine block must be removed first end connected to the battery good and should be removed last.